View Single Post

April 30th, 2012, 18:11
Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan View Post
My old monitor(s) are just that. Old, scratched, VGA, 3:4, and low native resolution. It would be a shame to not get a decent monitor with a system like this.
True that. The monitor is the most important human interface component so getting a good one is definitely a top priority .
I just got a new one a few weeks ago, too. After doing some research I went for the Dell UltraSharp U2412M.
Reasons: I wanted a 24" 16:10 display instead of the more squeezed 16:9. The Dell has LED backlight and it has an eIPS panel which is superior in image quality and especially color accuracy to a TN panel. The price of ~250 for a display of this caliber is very fair so I gave it a shot and have been very happy with my purchase. It's not worlds apart from the Samsung TN display I had before but it's a nice upgrade for sure. It's also completely gaming compatible so no worries about any kind of lag on that end.
If you must have a BenQ or a 3D-compatible 120Hz LCD then you should check out the BenQ XL2420T which is the best of its class as far as I have heard.

And since you speak German (Swiss eh?) here's the link to the best German review site for displays: Prad.de. You can find a review of the BenQ here and a review of the Dell here. And many other reviews of great and not so great displays, of course .

Moriendor

Spielkind