View Single Post

May 1st, 2012, 10:54
Originally Posted by aries100 View Post
And personally, I don't see what all the fuzz is about how Felicia Day looks? Do we talk about how goodlooking Casey Hudson is. No, we don't. At least it isn't mentioned in the gaming press or in the gaming industry. Why then do we talk about Felicia Day and her looks?
This is why Day is controversial (her looks is a strawman):

"Felicia Day is the owner of a URL you wouldn’t necessarily expect to find in her domain registrar or web hosting account. “I’ve had VaginalFantasy.com for years,” the traditional television and new media actor/creator/writer told me over email.

That book-review-website-turned-video-form is called Vaginal Fantasy Hangout and has found a home at VaginalFantasy.com. As its creator explains, it’s more or less “a monthly discussion group where we discuss a romance-heavy genre book, and basically have as much fun as we can!” The “we” in that last quote includes Day and her three Vaginal Fantasy Hangout co-hosts, Veronica Belmont of Tekzilla and the internet, Kiala Kazebee of Nerdist, and Bonnie Burton of Star Wars."

Just to be clear, I have nothing against this kind of content. I do, otoh, have a lot against BioWare milking this sort of thing commercially and cynically to sell a sub-standard product to a hormone-heavy demographic. And to use "Vaginal Fantasies" (and fake homophobe controversies) as a substitute for rich stories, multi-dimensional characters, and RPG tactical combat/gameplay.

Gaxkang

Sentinel