View Single Post

May 3rd, 2012, 01:04
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
Different areas within zones are locked in at a particular level. Even if your stated 50 wizard were to journey to a newbie area, (s)he would only be level 3 (or there about); similarly for other, more advanced areas. You still retain all your unlocked skills, but you're considerably less powerful with them.

It's frankly about time another MMO beyond City of Heroes implemented this great mechanic. Not only does it mitigate griefing, but it's far easier for people from all level ranges to help one another.

Bear in mind that your example also plays into a (fallacious) mindset that the game is about "killing things" for experience. That tired old game model is very much minimized in GW2 - most of your experience stems from dynamic events and heart quests, for which any contribution is rewarded collectively amongst players.
That's good to hear (or read), but no I wasn't talking about the experience (as in XP), but as the experience (as in the dismay of not being able to contribute when the big guys come and kill everything in sight). To me, that's a lot more important than XP. But I'm glad they addressed this situation. So I take it these dynamic events only happen then in level locked areas?

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is