View Single Post

May 3rd, 2012, 10:53
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
What you originally said seemed pretty clear. You stated that NPCs were popping in at a "few meters". Perhaps a bit of unintended exaggeration?
Guilty as charged I do that some times to get a point across as you might have noticed.

With view distance set at the highest level in the menu, and no ini tweaks, NPCs are visible from a good distance. I can actually see them appear if I'm looking hard enough, but the length is far enough that I rarely notice it.
Its all a matter of tolerances. If I can change it in a game I will not hesitate…

Anyways.. it's no big deal. I think some people are a little overly concerned with relatively minor details in this game. I've been having too much fun playing to even bother messing with addtional tweaks. The only thing I did was increase the speed of the Y-axis for my mouse.
I believe the initial tweaking proposed by HiddenX is indeed necessary to enjoy the game imo. Distances were way too conservative and it was noticeable and distracting…

What I am doing on the other hand is overkill but I like fooling around a bit with that stuff before starting to play (when I eventually manage to get around to it ).

I do procrastinate a bit too much on this one but that has nothing to do with how the game looks (rather fine) or performs…

JonNik

SasqWatch