View Single Post

May 3rd, 2012, 14:58
Not really a huge bug, but I've found areas where I can mountain-goat over large portions of the map. Ended up stuck in the fire-temple area goofing around that way (before I should have been there) so mountain goat at your own risk. Also, it's very very tedious and hard to find the small portions of normally impassible surfaces you can do this on if you face just the right way (compared to say Skyrim's relatively easy mountain-goating.) I don't think getting stuck should be a huge issue generally since you can fast travel.

Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Has anyone been able to successfully pull off a riposte during a sword duel? If so, how the hell do you do it?
It seems like you're supposed to quickly hit space bar immediately after parrying (whether you need to release the RMB or continue holding it down I don't know). I don't really think I ever have and if I have it hasn't been anything visible enough that I've been able to tell. It seems I pretty much just kick at best or, sometimes, the character briefly doesn't do anything when I think he should have been executing the riposte. I've tried executing it by hitting spacebar with the RMB still held down, with the RMB and LMB held down, I've tried tried it after making sure I've released either/both mouse buttons, and I've tried doing it when the prompt comes up as well as by anticipating it and hitting it earlier. No idea if any of those are actually how working or what.

It does look like I've had enemies pull of something that might be a riposte against me though - espescially those tedious undead native warrios in that one island.

Originally Posted by joxer View Post
It's not a game breaker - you can still solve Fire Temple quest.
The problem appears only if you choose not to kill the deserter so to avoid that completely, either kill the deserter or bring him to safety after you learn the truth from the shaman.
Haha yeah that's one of those instances where your character appears to act inexplicably stupid. I walk into the place where he is and instead of having any sort of chance to deceive him or saying anything else, my character blurts out the functional equivalent of "I've found you and the only way to stop me is to kill me" and then you're fighting there and then and if you're unlucky half a dozen people you wanted to avoid fighting.

jhwisner

SasqWatch