View Single Post

May 4th, 2012, 00:46
Part of the problem is how utterly subjective it is. Everyone will have a different choice.

Right of the bat I tend to be a bit of a graphics whore. Or to be more precise I like my avatar in the game to be as optimal as possible in regards to detail, options to create, equipment etc. An avatar can make or break a game purchase for me. I have to be able to connect with my character I see on screen so if I don't like how they look or who they are … the rest of the game falls apart as I won't be able to get into my character.

Beyond that I value (in no particular order):

- Choice and Consequence
- Multiple paths and endings (see C&C)
- Plenty of stats to fool around with (any combination of stats, abilities, skills, talents, etc. give me lots of stuff to fiddle and plan every level up)
- Uniqueness. I detest cookie cutter gaming. The more I can make my character my own the better
- Companions and relationships (friends, romance or whatever). I love party banter and interaction
- Fun combat with challenge and variety (but include difficulty sliders)
- Jumping! Damn it don't make my feet glued to the ground
- Optional: Underwater stuff
- Exploration and a fairly open world
- Interesting story and quests

and probably a whole lot more.

The TL;DR version would be a marriage between Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas with perhaps a touch of ME3 (for the companion interaction but minus ending) and DAO.

Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch