View Single Post

May 4th, 2012, 03:37
As I stated before, when this was still a rumor, I'm excited about this. Why? Because it takes place 1000 years before Skyrim (800 years before Morrowind and Oblivion) and that means a lot of stuff.

First, it means that it won't kill off any possibility of continuing the single player story in an interesting direction afterwards (some could argue that's what WoW did for the Warcaft series). Second, its placed in one of the periods in history that we know the least about. Basically, the 5th and 6th Century of the 2nd era can be used without really damaging any of the already existent lore. As a lore aficionado, I see this as an opportunity to gather more insight in the second era. You'll totally be able to (probably) hang out with Vivec who was alive and kicking back then, probably more active than in Morrowind too.

The fact that the entire continent is open for exploration is great news, since I was disappointed with the overly-standardized choice for setting in Oblivion and Skyrim, compared to Morrowind's alien and quirky feel. I want more exploration of the Southern and Eastern provinces and I'm pretty sure that, because of their uniqueness, they're pretty low on list of priorities for TES VI.

Basically, what I'm saying is that, if they don't fuck up the lore by over-simplifying it or making up stuff that just doesn't fit, I'm going to be happy.

The screens and the concept art from that game informer article scans that hit the web a few hours ago look pretty cool, and the three-way PvP faction war sounds like it could be a lot of fun, and I'm not even into MMOs. Also, I believe the guild system, as it appeared in Morrowind and, to some degree, in Oblivion, can work really well in a MMO.

himmy

Watcher