View Single Post

May 5th, 2012, 23:52
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Jon, actually the claim that came from Deep Silver months ago was that I'll be shorter in landmass than Risen1 (true) but longer in gameplay time (absolutely untrue even with DLC).
Do you happen to have a link to any such statement from a Deep Silver person? Not saying you're wrong, just curious because in the German part of this planet where I'm coming from they always said that Risen 2 would be bigger, better, longer and even promised Gothic 3 proportions at one point.

As for myself, all I can say is that this is going to be a pretty long game for me thanks to an obsessively thorough approach to exploration. I'm at ~30 hours now and have only done Takarigua, the Sword Coast and I'm currently back in Caldera.
Since there is a respawn of monsters (and herbs?) when you visit an island a second time I'm going to have to do/clear Takarigua and the Sword Coast all over again when I return to those places later. Then open all the chests where I lacked the lockpicking level earlier on etc. etc. etc.
Well, hmmm… yup… *rolls Voodoo dice*.. I can see this get into the 60 or maybe even more hour range for me and thus at least double of what all the reviews are claiming.

I have absolutely no idea how someone can finish this game in 30 hours and claim with a straight face that they explored everywhere (and I mean everywhere), cleared every cave, killed every single monster (including the respawns), opened every chest, finished every quest, collected all the treasures, found every single legendary item and so on and so on…
I know I'm slow because I'm taking my sweet ass time as with every new PB game and I might be a little too obsessed with not missing anything but my guess would be that a seriously thorough first run through the game should take an average gamer somewhere between 40 and 50 hours at least.
30 hours may be possible on a first run if you do only nearly everything but it would have to be far from a completionist run.

Moriendor

Spielkind