View Single Post

May 6th, 2012, 05:10
Originally Posted by Melvil View Post
Regardless, I enjoyed almost every minute of my playthrough, which was rather thorough. The exploration was very rewarding to me, and had the story been a little more involving, this game could have easily been PB best overall effort yet.
There were a few things that detracted from game for me, but the story wasn't one of them. I thought the story was really good, but I agree that they could have fleshed out Mara a lot more.

The first thing that bothered me was the simplification of items. I really disliked how every food item you pick up is simply changed to "provisions". You also can't drop items anywhere you want like in previous PB games.

The second thing, which I've already mentioned in other threads, is the retarded QTE traps and mini-games. Thankfully they're not very frequent or it would really have brought the game down further.

I also felt the game started to become somewhat predictable towards the end. The sidequests and treasure maps stuck to the same formula throughout the entire game.

Finally, I ultimately found Voodoo pretty disappointing, especially in terms of variety. The Black Magic talent in particular was a huge letdown for me. I also thought Ritual was grossly overpowered towards the end.

Despite all the complaints, I still loved it for the most part. The voice acting in particular was phenomenal, and the game reeked of quality from start to finish. Give me the same thing again but with swimming and improved monster combat, and Risen 3 will be the best PB game ever.

JDR13

SasqWatch