View Single Post

May 8th, 2012, 09:28
Whoot! I just found out that a lot of sagas and series have been expanded upon while I wasn't paying attention. Here's what's been piling up (= want to read) :

Robin Hobb (Farseer Trilogy, Liveship Traders):
- Tawny Man Trilogy
- Rain Wilds Trilogy

Raymond Feist (Riftwar Cycle)
- Conclave of Shadows
- Darkwar Saga
- The Demonwar saga
- The Chaoswar Saga

Terry Goodkind (The Sword of Truth)
- The Sword of Truth #6 - #11

Star Trek novels
- read almost every book about 15 years ago (only TOS and TNG back then), now I'm sort of lagging behind by a couple hundred books

Orson Scott Card (Ender's Game universe)
- Ender's Exile

I also want to read:
- Modesitts Saga of Recluce (already finished the first two volumes)
- Brandon Sanderson's works (The Way of Kings; Alcatraz vs. the Evil Librarians), as he's become one of my favorite authors
- Iain M. Banks' The Culture saga (Consider Phlebas) and
- Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars series (Red Mars) after recommendations in this thread
- Frank Herbert's WorShip saga (Into the Void), because I loved his Dune books
- H.P. Lovecraft's stories
- Barry Hughart's Chronicles of Master Li and Number Ten Ox book 2 and 3, as I like the classic Chinese culture and enjoyed The Bridge of Birds a lot

Just need to hammer this into myself: "Only one book at a time."

Going to start with Red Mars. I'm finishing up an Enterprise novel those books are rather short compared to the huge fantasy sagas I'm used to, so it shouldn't take too long.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team