View Single Post

May 10th, 2012, 16:52
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I don't like how you seem to lock on to certain enemies in combat now. Is there a way to disable that?
Not that I am aware off, I do not believe it is different than 1.6 or even older.

Textures are sharper, and it's nice that I don't have to force AA with a 3rd party program anymore. I'm disappointed with the LOD view distance though, and I guess I'll have to try that modified ini file.
I would not consider the insane quality ini very comfortably playable on my system (found several places that fps dipped below 30 and the loading is back to 1.6 levels
Edit: Also an 64 bit OS and more than 4GB RAM is a nobrainer as I've seen the game get up to 2,8 GB in less than an hour. Don't now what the ceiling is yet).

I'll try that again when I get the GTX670 I am looking at now (and install it on the Samsung 830 when it arrives ).

Meanwhile I consider this one playable and still looking very good:
Spoiler – not quite insane quality

Probably needs fine tuning (spent all of 20 mins on it) but no clipping issues or artifacts that I noticed on my brief time with it. If you do a diff between this one and the previous one you will get an idea of what values you need to tweak to get the desired effect. A 50% of the insane tweaks from the default values should look pretty good and perform quite well…

Does the difficulty level affect things like attack/defense values and enemy HP, or does it only dictate how many enemies can attack you simultaneously?
It is mostly tied to A.I but not only number of enemies but also A.I routines and combat effectiveness of enemies. I believe that Bows do some extra damage on hard but that is a special case.
Last edited by JonNik; May 10th, 2012 at 17:27.

JonNik

SasqWatch