View Single Post

May 10th, 2012, 19:19
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I noticed there's a "lock on" key now. Is that something they added, or did I just never notice it before?
Hmm, I hadn't noticed that one either…

So do I just copy and paste that ini file exactly as you show it?
Yep, but back up your original first ofcourse.
Edit: I am interested to see how it performs in your system though. Do keep in mind that you may need to downgrade a bit yourself…

Have you ever done a full playthrough with the modified ini? I was a little concerned about pushing the "Entity.ROI" up that high. I remember messing with that in the past and getting mixed results.
The only two tweaks I did in my recent playthrough was that and pushing vegetation. Did not break anything for me but this is Gothic 3 so no promises

Seriously though, it should not break anything by itself. It can make large areas look like warzones though because it is more possible for roaming beasts and NPCs to walk into one another just like it would with a smaller value. But it will happen further away and you will be able to see it simultaneously.

As you are not as sensitive as me to NPCs appearing in anything other than extreme distances, you can give yourself a nice fps boost and keep the value to say 5-6000…

Also, do you know if all the spells (i.e. Army of Darkness) work now?
I remember using it in 1.74, yes.

Btw, Do read the CP manual before starting to play. It should give you a good idea of the balancing changes so you can plot your character (i.e new requirements for skills)…
Last edited by JonNik; May 10th, 2012 at 19:30.

JonNik

SasqWatch