View Single Post

May 12th, 2012, 07:36
Originally Posted by Von Paulus View Post
Actually if they want to stay in business, using crowd funding as the main way to fund their projects, it's better for them to deliver their product with some satisfactory level. Otherwise things might not run well on the next project.
I believe that most of these developers want to go on using kickstarter (or identical), for their future projects.
So maybe things won't deviate so much… let us hope.
Originally Posted by Von Paulus View Post
Actually if they want to stay in business, using crowd funding as the main way to fund their projects, it's better for them to deliver their product with some satisfactory level. Otherwise things might not run well on the next project.
I believe that most of these developers want to go on using kickstarter (or identical), for their future projects.
So maybe things won't deviate so much… let us hope.
For respected developers, I agree, they have a reputation to uphold. The guys at Harebrained Schemes are a bunch of unknowns. They will produce something with the money, and deliver on the fine print items they promised, but I am doubtful they can produce anything of quality. Only one of them has any clout, and that comes from the pen and paper games he developed. He isn't listed in the credits of designing the games he is modelling this one after. I waited and waited to hear about tangible design elements and heard nothing but "Gosh, we are overwhelmed with all the fat cash. Please send more and we'll add umm… stuff! First we need to finish up this tablet game we're making though…"

I think their whole campaign was a cash grab when they saw an opportunity to get in people's pockets due to the nostalgia money Wasteland 2 was pulling in. I contributed to Wasteland 2 because Brian Fargo has a clear vision and has a long reputation as a computer game designer and producer.

Anyway, for more on Crate's situation with Grim Dawn, read medierra (Arthur Bruno)'s latest response on his forum. It is very clear why their strecth goals are not as lofty as some would like.http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showp…&postcount=869

Kardiophylax

Watcher