View Single Post

May 12th, 2012, 08:37
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's still possible to be a "Jack of all Trades" with Alternative Balancing enabled. At least that's what the new manual claims.
Indeed, what the added requirements do, like I indicated above, is make such a scenario like DeepO described a lot more difficult in reasonable play time. (*)

This is quite an extreme scenario though and I personally can't imagine having fun spending that much time in the game (in one go) so I can put it away for ever (I rather replay it every 1-2 years). I usually finish around level 55-60 myself (a meaty run of about 80-90 hours). That gets me at least some archery/hunting in the early game (too fun to pass in a PB game for any build) a bit of sword (up to strong at least) and lockpicking. After that I may pick one Main and/or a secondary discipline and focus on that so I can make my character climb up to comfortably powerful levels pretty soon. After that it depends on how much extra time I feel like devoting in that run..

Regarding spells, you will find a couple of Army of Darkness (and several very useful summon lightning) spells in chests if its any consolation…

(*I believe some people claim that levels close to 100 are possible though. That means still not enough to max out 100% of everything probably and some things are tied to end game choices as we discussed. Also keep in mind that if you want to be reasonably powerful and utilize i.e spells correctly you need to pump AK and mana up and not only have the min values just to cover the requirements etc and that means a lot of Lps, same for strength or hunting skill etc)

Edit: Hmm word of dominance. I am sure I've taken that one but I have a mind block at this time. A pillar of flame from the sky ? no that was the meteor… Hmm

Edit2:Oh wait does it work like a charm? (put an NPC under your command)… Yes that might be it…
Last edited by JonNik; May 12th, 2012 at 08:56.

JonNik

SasqWatch