View Single Post

May 12th, 2012, 09:41
Originally Posted by Kardiophylax View Post
Only one of them has any clout, and that comes from the pen and paper games he developed. He isn't listed in the credits of designing the games he is modelling this one after. I waited and waited to hear about tangible design elements and heard nothing but "Gosh, we are overwhelmed with all the fat cash. Please send more and we'll add umm… stuff! First we need to finish up this tablet game we're making though…"

I think their whole campaign was a cash grab when they saw an opportunity to get in people's pockets due to the nostalgia money Wasteland 2 was pulling in. I contributed to Wasteland 2 because Brian Fargo has a clear vision and has a long reputation as a computer game designer and producer.
I have contributed to all three of these, so I don't want to set one against the other but you are holding Shadowrun and Wasteland to different standards. Harebrained are a bunch of unknowns? How many inXile staff can you name other than Fargo?

What tangible design elements has Fargo laid out that Weisman hasn't matched? In fact, we know close to nothing about W2 - we actually know more concrete elements for SR (two cities, some specific classes).

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team