View Single Post

May 13th, 2012, 14:18
Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan View Post
Why would he be butthurt? His own games have sold far beyond his expectations both on steam and on iOS as far as I heard.
Because it's an indie by a newbie that's massively successful based almost exclusively on the production values - with a low price.

I know people are saying they love LoG - but there's no way it would have been such a hit without the modern production values - and the effort spent on building hype.

The combination of strong production values and a low price, are exactly the two lessons Vogel has been refusing to learn for years.

Oh, he's coming around now - but given the non-information nature of his comments, I see nothing but a "veteran" trying to criticise something based on its success (that he could have had himself many years ago had he not been so out of touch), and trying to appear as if he's spouting industry wisdom. The latter having eluded him despite all his years being a part of it.

It's a very human reaction - and he'd have to be very special not to be somewhat negatively affected by the success of LoG. A more intelligent individual would probably not have said anything at all, though.

Beyond that, the basic elements of LoG don't need to evolve at all. They just need to care more about the story and implement stronger interaction with the environment. Personally, I think they should move away from the Portal-type puzzle-structure and go for a more immersive and lore-fitting set of challenges. But that's me.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential