View Single Post

May 14th, 2012, 20:53
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
Well, I haven't tested it myself,
It can be tested via Coalesced editor which lists all values.
But I´d say it should be really obvious to anyone who did a completionist run through the series.

but there are all kinds of websites claiming that there are more than enough war assets to get that ending with no multi-player, including the Mass Effect wiki.
Then they´re all either full of shit or confused in one way or another.
That so many sites got it wrong (and clearly haven´t verified it) is what makes the issue somewhat interesting .

People on the internet are stupid.
http://isocrates.hubpages.com/hub/Ma…ination-Theory
This article, for example, is rubbish.
First, 5000 is only needed if you don´t "save" Anderson, but if you get that one last dialogue with him, 4000 EMS is enough.
Second, playing ME3 twice or playing on an imported save has no bearing on this.
Third, as I said above, neither 4000 nor 5000 EMS is possible to get just by playing singleplayer.

Besides, what are we talking about here,
Spoiler
Yeah, the scene is sketchy, not really explained and rather nonsensical, just as most of what constitutes the game´s last ten minutes or so, however that´s quite irrelevant.
The implication is what counts and as it is, it´s the only outcome where you can assume the hero survived.
At any rate, currently there are 7 possible ending outcomes, but only 6 of them are achievable just by playing singleplayer, which I´m quite sure goes against some past Bioware´s claims.
Not that I personally care about that one particular outcome, I dislike the ending(s) anyway, but I find it a mildly interesting issue and am quite interested in how Bioware will handle it in the extended cut.

DeepO

deep outside