View Single Post

May 16th, 2012, 16:14
Do you think it could be an alternative to do a fighter 12 / paladin 6 / rogue 2 build? It seems most fighters get to level 12 for kensai II. With 2 rogue I get sneak attack and evasion. With 6 paladin I get most of the special paladin powers and some self healing.

Splashing paladin with 2 levels in my build will give me a 22 charisma. That means +6 to all saves. That's not bad for a fighter. It's not as good as a true paladin, but will certainly help.

It's always possible to build a fighter with 2 paladin splashes and if he sucks then it's easy to use a greater heart to replace the 2 paladin levels with a rogue / monk or do a pure fighter. So I don't feel I take a big risk if I went for it.

On the other hand, I only get divine vengeance from level 18 and that means I can't use the weapons in the desert to benefit from the pally bonus. I can use these weapons in the expansion part, though. So I'm not sure yet what to do.

Being a pure fighter seems attractive too. I just want to have some self heal capability and using heals scrolls seem to be a good alternative to lay on hands. Whatever my choice I don't want to end being a fighter completely dependent on healers that might not heal you. I've seen enough powerful fighters being the first to die because they depended on healers to work like a henchman that exists simply to heal the fighter.

Being self sufficient is my main goal. The second goal is to be able to reuse as many of the current items I have already got. Therefore I'm getting the khopesh as the signature weapon.

If I go for a pure fighter then I think I have to start crafting so I can get my khopeshes with greater elemental bane, greater evil outsider bane, cold iron or silver. I see most fighters have their own.

Are the crafting skills per account or per character? Are the bound items you can create bound to account or bound to character?

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

Send a message via ICQ to Peter Stauffenberg Send a message via Skype™ to Peter Stauffenberg