View Single Post

May 18th, 2012, 11:56
Originally Posted by Asdraguuhl View Post
Not good? They just started and it is their 3rd day and they have had a much better start than the SpaceVenture project, which is doing rather poorly at this very moment.
Alright! That's really good then! Not the SpaceVenture part, I loved those games back in the day as well. I'm considering pleding for that, too.

See, I couldn't readily find the starting date and, not knowing much about this whole Kickstarter thing, I thought getting more than $200,000 in under a month looked a little bleak. Glad to hear that I'm wrong. Kind of sad to realize that I will be down $150 soon, lol.

Unfortunately, I never played any of the Tex Murphy games but considering the impressive average pledge of around $100, there must be a very faithful following, which would be an indicator of the quality of the series.
They were one of the pioneers of the emergence of CD-ROM and the use of FMV in games. It's also one of the few fully 3D adventure games ever made. Multiple story paths and endings, a good mix of humour, sci-fi and film noir and lots of video with real live actor and a good story featuring the lovable P.I. Tex Murphy. Unfortunately, the controls were pretty horrible, but that would be resolved in this new game.

Since I like adventure games and considering the many highly positive comments regarding the series, I decided to pledge as well.
Good! This post wasn't for nothing!

[QUOTE=Vindicator;1061144406I pledged $100 for the boxed collector’s edition. [/quote]

Nice!

BTW, only 40 hours left for Jane Jensen's Moebuis Kickstarter.
Looks like the return of many good adventure game writers!

Thaurin

SasqWatch