View Single Post

May 23rd, 2012, 02:19
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I'm a little disappointed that it's going to be Berlin, but I disagree that they should have done another American location. I'd rather it had been something further East.. i.e. Hong Kong, Tokyo, etc.
I didn't really care where the primary game itself was set (somewhere outside the US would have been fine with me, though I'm not prejudiced against the US either), but once that location was set, I think it would have been better to just enhance that one location rather than add others. That's why I chose "More Seattle" in the first poll. I figured more assets could be reused and it would be less work to integrate with the main game and therefore would leave more resources for story/NPC/quest content (which is what matters most to me).

I went with Hong Kong on the second poll, though I really didn't have very strong feelings between the two. The snippets both sounded good and I never got into any other settings in my limited time playing PnP Shadowrun. I admit I tend to like the stylized Eastern locations (like in Deus Ex) even if they are predictable.

Guhndahb

Sentinel