View Single Post

May 23rd, 2012, 19:39
Originally Posted by killias2 View Post
Honestly, I'm surprised both of you found SC2 mediocre. The single-player campaign (despite the terrible story), IMO, is the best in a classic RTS. I mean, honestly, what's the competition? The missions are fun and varied; there are difficulty settings for replayability; and there tends to be more to do than just "build base->destroy. Most classic RTSs have a series of "build base->destroy" missions, with one or two badly designed control-a-few-units missions. SC2 blows them out of the park.
The single-player campaign wasn't that good.

Nearly the first 3/4 of the game felt like nothing more than a very long tutorial. I guess Blizzard thought we would be unable to handle more than one new unit at a time. It wasn't until the last 1/4-1/3 of the game that I finally felt like I was playing with the full deck.

The biggest turnoff to me though was the difficulty. The normal difficulty was an absolute joke. I could basically just crank out units with very little management, and it was an automatic win. I switched to Hard about 1/2 way through, but then some of the later missions were frustrating. Normal should have been labled "Easy", and there should have been another level in-between that level and Hard.

JDR13

SasqWatch