View Single Post

May 23rd, 2012, 19:56
Originally Posted by Cacheperl View Post
Yes, exactly. There still might be some cliches, but you have those everywhere. Far from being a bad decision. You can argue about which would have been most interesting, but neither of the choices was really bad.
I really enjoyed the self-apparent phrase, "there still might be some cliches, but you have those everywhere." That defines my disappointment.

As for what is more interesting, my argument is that while "more Seattle" would have potentially offered more to do (as they would need to create more depth and breadth beyond the obvious) but adding Berlin simply offers more places to go and some colorful albeit undoubtedly predictable German themes.

I can't say for certain that this is the case, but anyone involved in this discussion should consider all other games they had played and what "foreign lands" had traditionally offered. All of the examples I can think of provided little more than the borderline racist stereotypes, broken English, and the generic imagery one would associate with the country.

I could be wrong with Shadowrun because of the "established material" another person had mentioned, but can anyone who had read through or played through the Berlin chapter of the collection attest to its value?

mikloy

Traveler