View Single Post

May 24th, 2012, 09:05
Originally Posted by vanedor View Post
I tried Discord Times on Alawar. Don't do it, it will install a shitty bar in your internet browser, change you home page and who knows what else. Anyhow, their first game didn't leave me a good impression. And it's true that the translation is really bad and the gameplay is far from impressive.

As for Legends of Eisenwald, it looks promising. I just don't like how they stress that they don't want «useless» moves in battle. It seems to me as restricting…
That's not the actual game though, it's because Alawar have put a wrapper around the game so that you essentially load it through their launcher. Aterdux are working on the translation for the version to be released to pledgers in a month or so and I don't think that will have anyone's wrapper on it.

The gameplay of Discord Times is a bit of an aquired taste and not for everyone, also it's deceptively difficult, much more so than more commercial games in the genre such as Heroes of Might and Magic. The graphics are certainly very primitive even compared to the original HOMM. I sort of wonder if some of the pledgers will be a little shocked when they load it up .

I'm expecting Eisenwald to be quite difficult too - it's likely to have more longevity that way. But, if it's as hard as Discord Times, I think it would be sensible for them to put difficulty levels in it.

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor