View Single Post

May 25th, 2012, 01:03
Your character has access to all skills, but you have to choose which ones he actually has. That's true of almost every RPG. The only thing different is the freedom you have to freely respec. And even that isn't all that different, as most modern RPGs let you respec.

Every character of the same class has the ability to be completely the same or completely different. Just like every character built using a skill tree. You can choose to take the same skills as the guy next to you, or you can choose to take completely different ones. In practice D3 characters tend to have a lot more variability to them then traditional ARPG skill tree characters.

Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Huh? I thought you didn't pick skills. Every character class gets the same skills at the same levels. Right? Every character of the same class is the same. You can just choose to have different load outs before leaving town… I guess you could call that a form of roleplaying, but it certainly is lightweight (i.e. short on consequences) compared to Oblivion.

fadedc

Keeper of the Watch