View Single Post

May 25th, 2012, 22:27
Finished Red Mars. I couldn't sleep last night and read the second half all the way through to the end, when the birds outside told me it was 6:00 AM. Couldn't stop. Awesome book. Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

I love stories that go through several generations (Dune!) and am curious as to how everything plays out in Green Mars and Blue Mars. I'm going to switch to something different in the meanwhile, though.

Originally Posted by wiretripped View Post
AWESOME trilogy. One of my all-time favorites.
Make sure to have read the trilogy before, the Farseer trilogy.
Yup, did that way back. Don't remember a thing, except for there being [spoilers] at the end. Read summaries of the first three books on Wikipedia and it still didn't ring a bell. Well, I think I'm going to enjoy it anyway.

Not a big fan of Goodkind, but I am forcing myself to finish the series. I got a bit too enthusiast and bought the first 6 books before I read a single letter…
D'oh. I've never read a fantay book/series before TSoT that reminded me so much of cringeworthy soap operas. Yet I was strangely hooked.

I'm probably going to pick up Fool's Errand (Tawny man) next.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team