View Single Post

June 1st, 2012, 21:48
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I wouldn't put off playing Risen 2 because of one negative opinion. While it's certainly not as good as Gothic 1 or 2 imo, it was still very enjoyable
Thanks for yor reaction, JDR13 for I appreciate and respect your opinion. I do not read all the things you write on this forum, but the things I do read always make sense to me.
And yes, you're right of course, one never should act because of one negative opinion.
But
I'm simply not as eager as before… The things Madjack wrote, he seems to have hit the nail right on the head as far as I'm concerned, I mean the things he mentioned are things I care about. Apart from that, he was very descriptive, it's easy to picture the damper, the frustration he has encountered.

Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
It's a lot better than Gothic 3 was at release (I know that isn't saying much), and I'd say it's on par with Risen 1, or maybe better depending on how much you like the pirate theme.

I finished it prior to the patch, and it's a better game now with the addition of dodging and the ability to block monster attacks.
After Gothic 2 I found Gothic 3 a big disappointment - with or without bugs. So yes, I agree, being better than Gothic 3 doesn't say much. Risen 1 was allright, the first half even good, but the part in the dungeon I thought quite boring, I prefer the world to be more open. So it's on par with Risen 1, you say, JDR13? Which part of Risen 1 might that be, dear sir?

A man should never be ashamed to own he has been wrong, which is but saying that he is wiser today than he was yesterday - Alexander Pope

Omega

Low Profile