View Single Post

June 2nd, 2012, 07:10
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
I think it was pretty cool his latest update towards a team complaining about the amount they asked for(being to low to fund a whole game). Pretty cool.
The response from Malevolence was pretty good - it didn't make any passive aggressive remarks in-kind or call them out by name. That other team's (who shall remain nameless) post which sparked it came across as pretty damn unprofessional though.

They lead into what sounded like a series of passive aggressive stabs at other more successful projects with:

Generally I wouldn't comment on other Kickstarter projects or other games that are being developed
Following that by then expressing doubts and skepticism about several other more successful and some still ongoing other projects reeked of a lack of tact and class. It sounded like a politician saying "Generally I wouldn't advocate or express racial prejudice, but let me tell you what I think about the blacks." Saying you don't usually do something you know is inappropriate doesn't somehow serve to excuse it. It makes it more clearly unsealable because you're saying you know its not right but you're going to do it anyways.

If backers or forum users or the press point to other projects in comparison and all you can manage is a list of "that looks good, but *insert expression of doubt or other negative attribution" then you're doing it wrong. What you do is you say "that game looks great; it's a different vision than what we have but it's an exciting project." Then you back it yourself and make an encouraging comment in their comment section. That'll get you more support than a passive-agressive post-mortem shot at other projects.
Last edited by jhwisner; June 2nd, 2012 at 07:35.

jhwisner

SasqWatch