View Single Post

June 8th, 2012, 23:14
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
I'm glad that there are people out there who have the ability to fix bugs - god knows I'm a huge fan of those who patched up Gothic 3.

But I can't bring myself to use fan made patches for a game that is still being patched by the developer. It's just too much of a pain in the ass for me to keep track of all the moving parts between the developer and the fans that may play out for a long number of months - most of which I'm busy with real life things and can't keep track of day to day.

But when Bethesda is totally finished with Skyrim - patches, DLCs, expansions and whatnot - that's when I'd like to apply a fan made patch to fix whatever is left that was not fixed by the developer.
USKP is designed in a way so that it does not conflict with updates by Bethesda, and you load it at the top of your load order so it does not conflict with other mods.

In my humble opinion, the USKP should be installed by every single person who plays the game on PC. I'll give you an example of just one out of the thousands of fixes that improve gameplay experience:

There is a leveling multiplier bug that makes all the Civil War quests spawn enemies at very low levels. As a result, when you play the vanilla game, all the Civil War quests are way too easy unless you are below level 10 or so. USKP fixes this problem, and the Civil War quests are a lot more fun.

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch