View Single Post

June 15th, 2012, 09:30
In Swedish "reading" can also mean "studying", so I thought I would say that during summer I study Corruption, Religious Terrorism and Hooliganism, three subjects at the same time.

The course about corruption is the first course I take in political science which is much more hardcore than the softer sociology or social anthropology I read before. A lot of books and a very interesting subject. Sweden is among the 6 least corrupted nations in the world which makes it very interesting to read about corruption here.

The course about religious terrorism is actually my first course that fall into theology (which in Sweden is more about the study of religions than the study within a religion). It's focused on using modern psychology to understand what terrorism is and how religious terrorism works.

The course about hooliganism blends many phenomenons like local patriotism, masculinity, aggression, groupthink, riots etc of which all is related to social psychology. It's just interesting that I never saw a football match in my life and still decided to take the course.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM