View Single Post

June 15th, 2012, 14:05
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
The course about hooliganism blends many phenomenons like local patriotism, masculinity, aggression, groupthink, riots etc of which all is related to social psychology. It's just interesting that I never saw a football match in my life and still decided to take the course.
I found this very interesting and important regarding "Hooliganism" : http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/zimchallenge.html

I have held the theory for several years now that there can be a kind o "addiction to adrenaline".
He in part supports my theory, but expands it towards a general theory - as I put it - "addiction to arousal and excitement".

Boys’ brains are being digitally rewired for change, novelty, excitement and constant arousal. That means they’re totally out of sync in traditional classes, which are analog, static, interactively passive.” (Philip Zimbardo)
This explains to me why Hooligans seek to get into fights very nicely for me, because fights = arousal/excitement/adrenaline etc. .

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR