View Single Post

June 18th, 2012, 19:14
It seems a very cool Witcher 2 patch has come out. It features a nice list of PC UI modifications. This is good news as I'm going to want to play through it again some time in the future.

http://en.thewitcher.com/patch3-2/

Originally Posted by patch 3.2 notes
Patch 3.2 is a UI modification for the PC version of The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition. The mod adds the following enhancements to the game. It can be used optionally (enabled by default) by players when installed. You can disable it in Configurator DLC Menu.

Minimap: Adds a north arrow.
Alchemy: Crafting slots show how many ingredients there are; better default ingredient selection (e.g., not having to filter out quest item ingredients all the time); un-rotates alchemy element symbols; saves custom ingredient selection for a formula (until you close the panel or go to another formula, but no longer resetting every time you create something).
Tooltips: Taller, and scroll faster.
Inventory/Trading/Storage: Sorting buttons (sort by time acquired, name, aggregate weight, aggegrate price.) Reversible sort also possible.
Trading: Places a checkmark next to books, formulas, and crafting diagrams that you already have in your inventory.
Crafting: Shows how many items you have instead of capping the number at how many are required. E.g., 30/3 instead of 3/3.
Other: Sorts some lists alphabetically: crafting, alchemy, elixirs.
The UI was something I've kinda had issues with, especially the inventory. So this is really a welcome improvement.

Hmm, I guess I also missed the 3.1 patch which even fixes those cinematic issues with 16:10 resolutions. Awesome.

http://thewitcher.com/patch3-1

EDIT: Something must be wrong with my installed version of TW2, because I keep getting "Install the witcher 2 assassins of kings before applying this patch". I've got it installed and up to 3.0, but the patch installer won't recognize it. Also my launcher.exe doesn't run. Witcher2.exe runs fine and starts the game, but launcher.exe doesn't. So I can't aquire the patch through that either. Has anyone run into this issue?
Last edited by danutz_plusplus; June 18th, 2012 at 19:32.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch