View Single Post

June 22nd, 2012, 04:52
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
That's good to hear (or read), but no I wasn't talking about the experience (as in XP), but as the experience (as in the dismay of not being able to contribute when the big guys come and kill everything in sight). To me, that's a lot more important than XP. But I'm glad they addressed this situation. So I take it these dynamic events only happen then in level locked areas?
Level locked areas? I don't think that's quite how it works. In fact players are automatically downscaled to the level of each particular event or renown heart rather than by area. And that downscaling happens throughout the PvE content. It does remain to be seen though what effect better weapons & traits at very high level will have since those aren't downscaled - quite substantial I would have thought.

Another thing causing a bit of confusion is the distinction between dynamic events and renown hearts. Renown hearts are not events, but are more like quest hubs, except that you can do any task in the vicinity to fill your heart and you don't need to sign up for them by getting a quest from an NPC. Often dynamic events occur in the vicinity of renown hearts, so people understandably got a bit confused in the beta, between the two.

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor