View Single Post

June 29th, 2012, 15:09
Originally Posted by pibbur who View Post
You're right, it is a symptom. The first pair of psychiatrists who evaluated him saw it as a syign of schizophraenia, which may be correct. However, a schizophraenia diagnosis requires more than that, and most critics say that there are too many signs speaking against (correct English?) the big S.
Going from isolation to schizophrenia is quite a leap, that's for sure

Personally, closer than you perhaps, but still very far from being an expert, I think he's not psychotic. But still a very sick man, narsisistic and what we used to call a psychopath which does not make him insane and as such he can be sentenced to prison, probably in the form of "forvaring" (custody), which may keep him incarcerated for an unspecified time, even the rest of his life. Depending on how long he's considered dangerous.
I agree with that assessment. He's clearly not big on empathy - and he's also overly fond of his own character. I wouldn't rule out some kind of psychotic episode triggering some of his decisions, as it seems too extreme for a person with a good grasp on reality. It strikes me as some kind of paranoid delusion - and that's not uncommon in a schizophrenic.

But we're dealing with a very rare case, and it's not impossible to imagine there's something in his character that we've yet to really understand.

Indeed, I wouldn't pin much hope on the experts of modern psychology.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential