View Single Post

July 4th, 2012, 11:13
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Playing Mass Effect and really enjoying it. I've only just started exploring the galaxy after completing all the random quests on the Citadel.
What? This is your first playthrough?!?

I've got a question though… Is there any degree of level scaling in this game?
IIRC this is almost totally scaled for all content - with the usual +/- your level depending on intended challenge. I can't be certain of the particulars - but there is most definitely heavy level scaling - given how you can explore most of the locations in the order you desire.

The reason I ask is because I've stumbled upon the "Bring Down the Sky" DLC mission early on, and I'm getting one-shot killed by some of the enemies. It's pretty dumb imo that they would place that mission so close to the Citadel and not give you any warning about what it is. I didn't realize it was the DLC until after I landed on the asteroid and started the mission.
I've played this DLC and I do recall it was somewhat harder than most missions. That said, I can't say if it's specifically changed in terms of the overall scaling. I shouldn't think so, though.

It depends on the difficulty level (I always play Veteran) - and if you go for one of the higher ones, you'll probably want to keep a constant eye on weapon upgrades and armor upgrades.

I know you've played a bit already- but I highly recommend maxing out either the Paragon or the Renegade skills as they open up - because it gives you early access to some powerful weapons/upgrades. You can get by without them - but they do make a difference.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential