View Single Post

July 6th, 2012, 06:28
Originally Posted by Kostaz View Post
My Stalker saves somehow got corrupted and since I can't progress to the next main quest area I lost 10 hours worth of gameplay.
Ouch.. that truly sucks. I plan on doing a Stalker playthrough in the near future, and I'll be backing up my saves after hearing that.

Codex's review persuaded me to try Risen 2 only once it hits the bargain bin.
Don't rely on their review to decide whether or not you want to play Risen 2. Download the demo and decide for yourself.

I think the only major RPGs I'm missing are the Mass Effects (not in the mood for apparently disappointing trilogies) and the recent Divinities although I'm not sure if I can pick one the new ones without ever having played DivDiv and Beyond Divinity.
I'm playing ME1 now and loving it. I strongly recommend giving it a run if you're in the mood for a Sci-fi RPG. Of course the fact that there's very little else to choose from in that sub-genre might have something to do with that.

As far as the Divinities go, I'd start with DD and then play Dragon Knight Saga.
Don't worry about playing Beyond Divinity…it's mediocre compared to the other titles, and it's not directly tied to them anyways.

JDR13

SasqWatch