View Single Post

July 6th, 2012, 15:43
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
It's called hermeneutic knowledge and those who learned it are often closer to the truth. The reason is that they apply logic within a greater bulk of data.
This may be true for those who can actually manage to apply logic and stay away from biased interpretations of popular theories - which you clearly can't.

In fact, it seems you enjoy the process of questioning everything that doesn't seem to match your own personal identity or situation - and what help is all that reading if you can't separate the subjective from the objective?

Most academics have learned throughout their education how wrong they have been in their past and thus that they can be wrong now. So I do not speak about astronomy, geology, chemistry or any other field I know little about, nor would I dream about trying to tell an expert in those fields that they might be wrong to protect my own preconceived conclusions.
Most academics?

It seems a pretty universal discovery for people who're interested in developing their minds - and I fail to see how academics set themselves apart here. Unless we go back in time to a place where the words written down by other people weren't easily accessible - when education had a much greater chance of actually meaning something, beyond being a piece of paper that says you managed to memorise what people told you to memorise.

What matters is your level of investment and your capacity for understanding. That's not about education - but about disposition and mental prowess. I'd say the key to get a closer relationship with the truth is the ability to accept it for what it is, which is something you're showing very clear signs of not being capable of - or being interested in.

Then again, such seems to be the case with the vast majority of the populace. You just want too much from the truth, and that's not how it works.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential