View Single Post

July 6th, 2012, 20:33
Originally Posted by Kostaz View Post
Can't say I'm in the mood for isometric despite knowing that DD is considered a classic. What about the new Deus EX, is DE1 required to understand the lore or enjoy HR?
I'm not much of a fan of (simplistic point & click) isometric games either but Divinity is a game that any RPG lover should probably at least try at some point. It's a Diablo clone on the surface but under the hood you'll find a very interesting character development system, an interactive world/environment and lots of well written humorous dialogue. Certainly a highly recommended game.
A deeper knowledge of the game (or BD), the lore or the universe is not at all required to play DKS, however. I played and finished DKS a few months back and that was nearly a decade after DD came out so my memory of the events in the first game was sketchy at best. Still didn't feel like I missed anything. DKS can very well be regarded as a stand-alone title. There are some (optional) lore books in DKS with references to past events but it is certainly not required to read them.
What I'm trying to say is don't let any sentiment like "but I haven't played DD or BD so I'm not going to enjoy DKS as much as I might if I had" hold you back from playing DKS. DKS is a great game on its own. If you feel like it, go for it.

Moriendor

Spielkind