View Single Post

July 11th, 2012, 05:29
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
With the criticism the game got I expected it to be really bad, but then it was much better than I expected. The two types of bad I could think of to compare it to would be Force Unleashed 2 which is well polished but with an extreme lack of content and Gothic 3 which was prematurely released but with a ton of content. Dead Island was both well polished and filled with content. With better writing and some Blizzard-style tweaking it would have been great.
I found it disappointing, but I never had the chance to play co-op, and my expectations for single-player were much too high. I quit halfway through the single-player campaign because I could no longer stand the repetitive fetch-quests that make up the majority of the game. I also hated how zombies and items respawned in the exact same locations within minutes.. which made it obvious that the game was geared towards multi-player. I did think the setting was really good, but the single-player experience was ruined by by the mediocre gameplay for me.

JDR13

SasqWatch