View Single Post

July 11th, 2012, 06:55
Originally Posted by aries100 View Post
It is also true that Bioware in 2007 was owned by a private firm, Elevation Partners, started and funded by John Riccitiello, the former CEO of EA. He quit EA to form this company in 205, I think, and bought both Pandemic and Bioware when he was with Elevation Partners. Then EA bought Elevation Partners in 2007-2008, after John Riccitiello returned to EA as CEO. Something smells fishy here, if you ask me….
But in the US and Canada this is probably legal….
Riccitiello was indeed a director at Elevation (and VG) - but I doubt he was the driving force. That fund managed $2bn and I doubt any meaningful percentage of that was his. If he has that sort of cash, he wouldn't be in games! Afaik, Elevation was funded by a load of California celebs and run by professional fund managers with him somewhere in that decision making chain. At the time he was not with EA, just random employee #21.

So in this new spirit honesty at BioWare, are the devs or mods actually admitting flaws on BSN other than recycling in DA2? Last time I checked, in true Basil Faulty style, they were still convinced their games were fine, the problem was with the customers.

Gaxkang

Sentinel