View Single Post

July 16th, 2012, 17:57
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
Lately it seems like MMO's just die faster but that could just be me. I like the phrase content locusts. People just burn through things so fast. I have no idea what a company could possibly provide for end-game content these days that would help hold people on. Funcom did post a state of the game and some of their plans. Whether any of it works remains to be seem. But I would hardly single out TSW for end-game issues since thats pretty much a global issue with any MMO. I do see TSW having an issue with the puzzle aspect. While that is a major plus right now later on it won't be. But all that means is playing a second time around will be closer to any MMO on the market - quest, combat, and repetition is still there. The puzzles, cinematics, and story just make the first time around more enjoyable.
I agree, MMOs are being consumed way too fast these days, and I don't see what anyone could do to prevent that right now. A solid, lasting PvP system might hold some players, but far from everyone cares about PvP.

I feel this development is a bit of a shame - it means a lot of MMOs don't get enough resources to realize their full potential. Age of Conan had lots of potential, as does The Old Republic. I haven't tried TSW, but it wouldn't surprise me if it shared a similar fate.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander