View Single Post

July 23rd, 2012, 19:01
I'm currently replaying F:NV on PC with all the expansions (thx to the recent Steam Sale). I played it originally on the PS3 and suffered thru that version's plagued launch (crash-bugs, etc.). Talk about an embarrassment of riches; this PC Ultimate Ed., for which I paid a paltry 9.99 (granted that's after I paid full-price for the PS3 version + one expansion), is so well-done and plays/looks so good on my newish PC that it's just a phenomenally fun gaming experience.

I've always been an Elder Scrolls fan, going back to Daggerfall, but nothing Bethsoft has ever done comes close to this. The quests are entertaining, the dialogue is quite funny at times, and the exploration is fabulous. And, best of all, there's no filler. It's an open-world game that actual "feels" like a world, with everything in its proper place.

Were Bethsoft to approve a new Fallout game from this same team, using the Skyrim engine, I'd be one happy camper. I know the original release was buggy, which may have soured the relationship between the two companies, but I also suspect the game brought back a sizable chunk of $$ to Bethsoft that they'd like to see again(?).

Falchor

Sentinel