View Single Post

July 27th, 2012, 11:48
I'd rather see them go the other way and work on adding some actual gameplay along with the choices that are not choices. Doesn't really feel to me like there's much adventuring to be had in RPGs anymore, and don't even get me started on exploration. Being led by the nose through an interactive movie where there's very little to do besides hit the triggers to advance to the next dialog isn't really screaming "roleplaying game" at me. I'm hoping now that they've seen with Old Republic you actually can dumb things down so much and create such a narrow and shallow environment that even casual gamers get bored PDQ they'll go back to the drawing board. But who am I fooling? This has always been Bioware's recipe. Even with BG2, which is one of my all time favorite games. I just didn't notice it back then because the tactical combat was so new and cool compared to what had come before. The combat in their games now is similar to what you'd find in a shooter, only worse. Doesn't provide much of a distraction.

CraigCWB

Sentinel