View Single Post

August 7th, 2012, 16:26
Originally Posted by SpoonFULL View Post
There is nothing wrong in learning history, it is just knowing that one is playing a game, a role, in committing atrocities that has happened in the past does not sit comfortably with many people, including myself. Imagine a game about how to round people strategically in camps and then starving them and setting them on fire - not good at all to me.
I suppose I can understand that point of view. I certainly wouldn't presume to tell you what you should find entertaining. I do, however, think it is a shame if that attitude is pervasive enough to steer developers away from historical subjects.

I prefer to play the Germans in Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy, which, thankfully, includes the Wermacht and the SS, and I don't think that makes me a bad person. They just have way better tanks, for one thing.

And I sincerely doubt this game is going to be a genocide simulator. I have no doubt man has routinely done far worse than i have ever done in any computer game. I played the hell out of Seven Cities of Gold and was never once presented with the option of pouring molten gold down Montezuma's throat. You could play that entire game as a peaceful, benign explorer. As I recall, that was the easier path to victory, because you relied so heavily on the locals for supplies.

I wish these developers every success with their interesting subject.matter.
Last edited by Capt. Huggy Face; August 7th, 2012 at 16:54.

Capt. Huggy Face

Magicky Utok