View Single Post

August 9th, 2012, 19:38
Been eagerly awaiting this game for quite some time, but installing anything with GFWL is a huge PITA and very time consuming. I suppose I can live with the added hassle, but only for games that are very inexpensive. I'll wait to pick this one up whenever it goes on sale for around $5-10.

Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Also, this will be the worst port of all time. There is not a single PC game made in the last 15 years that would not allow change of native resolution. Just a complete disgrace to a great game. Namco fucked this up beyond words.
I don't follow. Are you suggesting that the resolution cannot be changed?

That doesn't make any sense at all, people play on monitors with all different kinds of display resolution. I think it must be some sort of misunderstanding.

EDIT:

There's also something curious about the resolution too in that there's no change in clarity when attempting to crank up the settings. On close inspection, it appears that Dark Souls PC uses the very same 1024x720 internal framebuffer as the console versions, regardless of which resolution has been set in the menus. The option provided is for output resolution only; a simple courtesy to allow the game to play on most monitors, but the image quality will always remain the same. In short, PC gamers will very much be getting the genuine console experience here, right down to the pixel.
This is a comment about the framebuffer, clearly you can set any resolution you like in the menu. But what exactly does this mean, "a simple courtesy to allow the game to play on most monitors, but the image quality will always remain the same"?

You can play at 1080p but it's upscaled like a console version?

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch