View Single Post

August 22nd, 2012, 21:53
I have some knowledge of you based on your post history and you're here to defend yourself. Plus, you've volunteered to participate in this conversation so you've implicitly accepted a certain level of "abuse". Thus, the first sentence, while rather rude, would come from informed opinion and could be refuted directly by the person "insulted", who has voluntarily put themselves in the public sphere. (for the record, I don't think you're an asshole)
First of all, if anything is to have an impact on me - it's going to have to be based on truth or rational thought.

If you were to call my imaginary wife a whore, and you had nothing substantial to base it on - it wouldn't have the slightest impact on me. Well, except that I knew you were being a worthless person to have an exchange with.

Naturally, if you said it out loud and she was present, it'd have an impact, because she would likely be hurt and I wouldn't appreciate that.

I don't know your wife (actually, I don't even know if you have one, which amplifies the point). I know absolutely nothing about her. Thus, the second sentence cannot possibly come from informed opinion is and therefore a blind attack. Additionally, your wife has not volunteered to participate in this conversation. She's not available to defend herself, and she has not volunteered to place herself in the public sphere.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this about something Ubereil has inferred from YOUR behavior and how YOUR behavior might affect your children?

Your children aren't magically inhuman and unaffected to set them apart from all other children in the world. Your ability as a parent isn't THAT good, DTE.

Also, are you saying, with a straight face, that you only ever talk about people who're willingly a part of whatever debate? Talk about bullshitting yourself. How many politicians have you insulted that you've never met or that you have almost no actual knowledge of - except what you hear in the media?

If you can't see the difference between the two, and why a different reaction is justified, I don't know what to tell you.
I can easily see the difference and I can easily understand the reaction. It's called an overreaction based on a very emotional and irrational position that's not helping you appear like a smart person.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential