View Single Post

August 23rd, 2012, 14:17
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
Because politicians certainly didn't volunteer to be in the public sphere… That's sarcasm, just in case you missed it.
They didn't willfully commit to being insulted by strangers on a public website - and they have no way to defend themselves. I understand that you think that's "less unfair" when people become "public" - but I don't agree.

But I could have mentioned any kind of stranger you know nothing about, like when you making sweeping judgments about people who work in the same building as you, or when you make judgments about a friend of a friend that you heard did this or that.

We all do this to some extent, and you're certainly not one to hold back claims about strangers. I don't think we need to do much digging for that.

Bottom line is that your children weren't affected negatively in any way whatsoever. Beyond that, Ubereil most certainly didn't intend for them to get affected in any way whatsoever.

YOU were affected because you irrationally felt your children were "attacked" - and that's YOUR mistake.

Now, whether or not Ubereil had a point - I can't say. I won't claim what he did was right or respectful - because it most likely wasn't.

But your reaction was over the top, and that's all there is to it. I bet you know this, you just won't acknowledge it.

Oh, and for the record, I don't think you're a bad parent. I think you're just as loving as the average parent is. I also think you're selling yourself short with your reactionary caveman like presentation of yourself here - and I know with absolute certainty that you're not REALLY limited to that image. But you must understand that most people won't pick up on that - and they will respond to you based on what information you give them.

It's most likely a remnant of the old-fashioned "male ideal" that you find impossible to shred without losing something. I could be wrong, but that's how I read you.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential