Quantcast
RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread
View Single Post

August 23rd, 2012, 14:22
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
I asked for the basic reason that when you read a book that is decent, your brain tends to fill in stuff that is either skimmed or missing from the film. The scene you mention is a great example - in the book there is a lot more involving what is going on inside of her head than the physical situation, so it is easier to let go … but in the movie the visual reality becomes a total WTF. But then, these are books for middle school kids really.
I don't doubt that. I can't speak to the quality of the book, but I have to say I knew it was written by a woman after watching it

As for Jennifer Lawrence, she is 22 (and of course all of the stars of the Hunger Games were much older than the 12-18 they portrayed). She was really good in Winter's Bone, which was a solid movie from 2010.
Agreed, I really liked that movie. I'd say she seems a decent actress, but she has a kind of "sleepwalking" quality to her acting that I'm not sure is particularly impressive.

However, John Hawkes was masterful in the film

DArtagnan