View Single Post

August 27th, 2012, 17:08
Originally Posted by Ubereil View Post
Students of the humanities (and students of gender science in particular) still run into that kind of resentment regularly in Sweden, by the way. Übereil
We spent some time with this in sociology. I do not believe it's controversial to point out that Swedish social sciences in particular have a strong relation to the workers movement, especially in the 70-ies/80-ies and nowadays primarily attracts their children. Anti-study culture among boys, ideas about "male sciences" among radical feminism and theories such as the school being an indoctrination facility ruled by the upper classes all seems to stem from these ideas. Postmodernism have begun to lose it's standing though, which is good because the groups that most frequently use such rhetoric are the ones who wish to sell something that lacks a scientific foundation.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM