View Single Post

August 27th, 2012, 16:38
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
This is knowledge by design or brainwashing that doesn't let fact-based or democracy-driven education to get in the way. The strategy to undermine democracy such as undermining the general level of education AND the voting rights does speak it's own language.
I'll skip the rest of your elitist drivel, but I'd like to deal with this specific hypothesis of yours. The Texas Board of Education is elected by the people. Presumably, their positions reflect the will of the people that put them in office. That's how democracy works (I use-um wiki linkie-things, too! You pat on head, me smile.). Thus, even though those simple rubes in Texas don't have the basic decency to acknowledge that you know what's best for them, they're doing a fine job of using "democracy-driven education" just as you espouse. Obviously, they're just too dumb to understand that using the democratic tools available to them should just be a quick pitstop on the road to The World According to JemyM and all other results are clearly null and void.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer