View Single Post

August 27th, 2012, 17:42
You might consider spending a little more time with your textbooks before screaming "Here come the Nazis!".

If you actually review the First Amendment, there is no actual statement about separation of church and state. The amendment bans the establishment of a state religion. The Supreme Court over the years has INTERPRETED that to imply a separation since any government action in the religious realm could be seen by the people as "choosing sides". That INTERPRETATION has evolved over the years and presumably will continue to do so, possibly in ways that don't fit well with The World According to JemyM. Thus, while a little worrisome to us heathens, there's nothing technically erroneous in the Page15 statement.

You've stated many times (and I actually agree with you, surprisingly enough) that most mainstream religions are saying the same things with different words, which would imply that there's nothing divisive in saying "Judeo-Christian values". While the Christians might lay claim to the Golden Rule, affirming a basic value structure of "Be Good to Each Other" (that's Bill and Ted level wisdom, there) doesn't really evoke images of jackboots.

The homosexuality thing? I did mention that there were some bad ideas in there and that seems like one to me, although I'm not so arrogant as to believe that my opinion a) is somehow measurably "right", b) matters in the slightest to anyone else.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer